Saturday, August 24, 2019

Unboxing the Latest

Since my wife and I have been busy preparing our house for sale, I haven't had much time for posting lately. 
Today, however, a new addition to the collection arrived: Stuart Tonge's Blue Water Navy: The War at Sea (Compass Games #1101, 2019).  The game pits the naval forces of NATO against those of the Warsaw Pact, and the scenarios range from 1983-1989.  It will cover  some of the same possible conflicts in my edition of HARPOON, but at less cost and easier solo play. 



The map (consisting of the entire North Atlantic and many of the landmasses surrounding it, as well as the Med) is quite large, so I'll be setting up on our long, 6-place dining table.  Fortunately, we have an enclosed dining room with a sturdy door, so I'll be able to begin the war with no interference from the Catzilla Crew.  
So, it's time to punch out, set up, and got to Round 2 with Gorshkov's boys.  I'll write a review soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment